Roasted beet and Goat Cheese salad on Mixed Greens
- 4 medium red or golden beets
- 2 ounce fresh goat cheese
- Mixed greens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon vinegar
- Roast the beets wrapped in tin foil in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Take out and let cool.
- When cool, peel the skin off the beets. Slice in to thin wedges.
- Mix together the dressing and toss with the beets.
- Place the beets on a bed of mixed greens and garnish with crumbles of fresh goat cheese.
Vin Gris de Pinot Noir
The wine tastes and smells like fresh strawberries, and other fruits such as cherries and citrus. There is also suggestion of peach, banana and rose petals. The wine has excellent acidity, lasts long on the palate, and finishes fresh and bright.