Sriracha Deviled Eggs
Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Crumbled Bacon
Pair with Petite Colline
1/2 dozen large eggs
3 – 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 teaspoons curry powder
2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. In a large pot or sauté pan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let sit for exactly 14 minutes. Plunge the eggs into a bowl of ice water to cool Gently tap the eggs with the back of a spoon and let the eggs sit in water for a couple hours or overnight to help loosen the shell. When ready to serve remove the shell.
2. Using a slightly moistened thin, sharp knife, cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
3. Remove the egg yolks into a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, Sriracha, curry powder and 3 tablespoons of the chives, mixing until very smooth.
4. Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a star or plain tip, or a zip-top bag (with the corner cut off). Set the egg whites on a serving platter and pipe in the filling.
5. Just before serving, sprinkle the deviled eggs with bacon crumbles and remaining chives.