Smokey Glazed Asparagus
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika Coupons
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pound thick asparagus, stalks trimmed
1. In a shallow dish, whisk the mayonnaise with the oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt, and cumin. Add the asparagus and toss; let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Light a grill or use a large sauté pan on the stovetop to cook the asparagus over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and blistered in spots, about 6 minutes; serve.
The wine has high-tone notes of fresh herbs and black olives. Dense layers of cedar, plum, and figs round out the mid-palate.